Re: [foxboro] Backup strategies - Best Practices?

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:59:43 -0600

On my AW70 I use this as part of a Windows command processor script file
(think slightly enhanced DOS batch).  The save_all.ksh here is Duc Do's
save_all script, from www.thecassandraproject.org, which I located in
d:\opt\local\bin and works fine on this XP box:

:: Run save all
d:
cd \opt\local\bin
start /wait ksh.cmd "save_all.ksh -h AW7001 -u -s AW7001"

Where "ksh.cmd" is a modified agglomeration of the MKS NutCutter supplied
commands ncshell.cmd and ncenv,cmd, so I could run ksh scripts
non-interactively:

@ECHO OFF
SET WIN32VC=1
REM SET NCDIR=%FOXDRIVE%\NUTC
SET Path=.\;%NCDIR%\mksnt;%NCDIR%\bin;%NCDIR%\bin\X11;%WIN32BIN%;%Path%
SET NLSPATH=%NCDIR%\etc\locale\~L\~N;%NCDIR%\etc\locale\~L\~N.CAT
SET SHELL=%NCDIR%\mksnt\sh.exe
SET TERM=nutc
SET TERMCAP=%NCDIR%\etc\termcap
SET TERMINFO=%NCDIR%\terminfo
SET LOGNAME=%USERNAME%
SET PERLLIB=%NCDIR%\etc
%SHELL% -c %1
exit

All it's saving is a virtual CP in the AW (at version 7.1.1), but it
works.  The script does this, then archives the results along with a few
other key configuration files and ships it to a file server via FTP.

I also dd the disk to a file during plant shutdowns using a Linux "rescue"
CD.  I probably ought to get something like Ghost or DriveImage, but I
just haven't had time to set that up, and I'm worried about it getting a
viable snapshot while the box is running (it's a gateway and I can't
really shut it down unless the plant is in a turnaround).

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Chaiket, Thom" <tchaiket@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
11/26/2008 12:46 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] Backup strategies - Best Practices?

I wanted to automate the creation of save_all files on my P91 (XP, 2003
server).  What I had in mind was writing a batch file to execute
save_all.ksh on every Sunday at 2 AM and have the save_alls saved to
opt/Save_all folder.

I'm good on using Scheduler to automate the 2 AM Sunday execution.
However, the file itself is kicking me.

My batch file looks like this:

D:
ncenv
sh
cd opt/fox/ciocfg/api
save_all <STN> $OPT/opt/Saveall/<STN>

I've spent a couple days looking for ways to correct the syntax, but I
still can't get it to work.  I would greatly appreciate assistance.

Thanks and happy T-giving to all.