Re: [foxboro] Autoscaling trends in Foxview 9.0.1

  • From: "Ali Ahmed" <alizahidi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 07:32:59 +0000

When you upgrade your Foxview to version 9.0.1 there are some problems with
trending. There is one quick fix that must be installed to fix that problem.
I don't remember the no. of that quick fix. You can ask Foxboro for it or I
will search it in my notes and give it to you by tomorrow.

The straight line in the trend also occurs if your data value change is less
than the configured delta value of that particular data point.

Rgds,

Ali Ahmed Zahidi

From:  "Loudermilk, Virgil:" <Virgil.Loudermilk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [foxboro] Autoscaling trends in Foxview 9.0.1
Date:  Fri, 25 May 2007 14:52:11 -0400
>List,
>
>Has anyone been successful in either understanding or improving how the
>autoscaling works in trends?  All too often, we get something like this
>example - a reading of 1.5, and high and low limits of +497 and -497.
>The trends are almost always too flat to have any value.  Sometimes I
>will see one data point that causes it, but usually it is a perfect
>straight line.  I'm used to autoscaling putting the high and low points
>at something like 80-90% and 10-20% of the scale.  Am I missing some
>setting for this?
>
>Thanks,
>Virgil Loudermilk

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger[1] Download
today it's FREE!

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMBEN/2743??PS=47575