Re: [foxboro] AIM OPC Server

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:33:00 -0500

Re: 1

You need AIM*OPC DA Server to feed data to other applications. The following
table shows the part numbers:

Part No: AIM*OPC Server - Direct Access
   Q0301UT - Connects to a single AW/AP as data source
   Q0301XT - Connects to a three AW/APs as data sources
   Q0301XU - Connects to a five AW/APs as data sources
   Q0301XV - Connects to 10 AW/APs as data sources

later. Certified by Foxboro. The various part numbers select a different
number of data sources for the DA server. The AW/Aps used as a data source
may be on the same network or different networks.

Platform: I/A Series AW-70 or other MS OS based platform connected to an I/A
Series system using AIM*API. Does not require AIM*Historian since it does
not support historical data access.

Re: 2

To bring OPC Data into a V4.3/V6.1+/V7.x system, you need - Q0301HT - the
AW70 OPC I/O Gate Client Interface. This is a package that runs on an
AW-Integrator.

The HG package just brings the data into AIM*Historian. It does not put it
into C:B.Ps.

Re: 3

We sell them separately, but you may run them on the same AW70.

I'll send you my OPC Q&A off-list. It should answer all of your questions.
If it does not, ask again and I'll update it.

BTW, several 3rd parties offer direct interfaces to the I/A Series. For
example, OSI PI and AspenTech IP.21 both have interfaces that load on our
system and offer more than an OPC based interface.

Invensys Process Systems
Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77043