[foxboro] Sending email from a windows AW

  • From: "Johnson, David" <David.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:50:03 -0600

Hello all,
I have a need to monitor a few Foxboro points and send an email when a certain
situation occurs.  I've sent mail from Sun boxes in the past, which is easy
with command line tools.  I am not familiar with this on windows, put assume
that it exists.

I have options....

They have Foxray ...
1.. I could build an alarm and have Foxray monitor this and send an email when
the alarm comes in.  The only problem there is the some delay on the data
collection (5 or 10 minutes depending on fast collect scheduling) and they want
a fairly immediate indication that a problem is occurring.

2.. I could write a piece of sequence code to kick off an external command to
send an email.

3.. I could write a simple looping shell script that uses omgetimp and waits
until the event occurs and then send an email.

4.. Foxpage probably does this and a lot more.

5.. There might be a better way of doing this that I haven't thought of.

So does anyone have any advice before I start dusting off some old Unix shell
scripts?

Thanks,
David

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this message is private and confidential. This
information is intended only for the individual or entity named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, review, dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken
based on this message or its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
and delete or destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.