[foxboro] Question about OR usage in CALC function block logic

  • From: "Quay B. Finefrock" <qbfinefrock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:25:04 +0800

Good day ladies and gents,
What happens in a CALC function block when an OR function is used with a
stack that includes a real value.  For example, what is written out to BO01
in the following case?

IN BI01;  = False
IN RI01;  = 13.0
IN BI02;  = False
IN BI03;  = False
OR;
OUT BO01 = ?

Does this produce an error?  Does the result depend on the value of RI01?

I am reverse-engineering some old I/A logic and I do not have access to a
simulator to test and see what will happen in this situation.  Can someone
please help me out?

Regards,

Quay
--