[foxboro] Message Handler Full Queue

  • From: "Jones, Charles R. (Chuck)" <Chuck.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:54:41 -0500

Today I received a system alarm indicating that my message handler had a
queue that was full (two of them, actually).  I have searched the
documentation and I don't get much out of it.  Our archives list only
one entry on this topic from Andreas Weiss back in April 2002.
The message error message I received is: "MSGFIL -0002  Message received
in full queue Message File: APFX01"

There is a batch sequence associated with each of the two message queues
that report being full.  Each of these batch sequences stopped in the
last 48 hours and needed to be reloaded.  Each sequence now seems to be
running in spite of its message queue being full. So, I am looking for
ways to flush the queue(s).

I found a way with HLBL in BO193CP_g on page 23.  But, it seems to use
it I will have to create a new block in the compound where each batch
sequence is located that contains the HLBL code to flush the queue.

Or, I could reboot the AP.  The AP running the message handler runs
Solaris, so I should be able to flush the message queue or to kill and
restart the message handler process without a reboot.  I still looking
for a way to do that.

Has anyone flushed a message queue on the run before?

Thanks,
Chuck Jones
Automation Technologist
Tate & Lyle Lafayette Plant

solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the
intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately. Please note that we
reserve
the right to monitor and read any emails sent and received by the Company in
accordance with and to the extent permitted by applicable legal rules.