[foxboro] I/A independence

  • From: "foxuser" <foxuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:22:35 +0100

i'm on the I/A roll and i'm not a troll.
I'm just an I/A Series user fro=
m last 10 years.
Least but not last (.. or inverted as you prefer ..)=0D
=
My thought began on 1996.
SunOs 2.5.1 was already released for x86 but F=
oxboro choose windoze icons and
exceed 5  for simplifying the HI.
But I=
/A is I/A on both platforms..and i don't want to summarize all limitation=
and instability already summarized  of AW70..I think you already know.=

My thought ends in IACC..'cause it's the "reason" of a forced migration=
.
The question is?
Can someone introduce to me a I/A windoze user satis=
fied more than a Unix user?
"But customer want it"..i've never met one o=
f them..i think there are just
stingy purchasing depts and Dell x86 has =
been only cheaper and weaker than Sun
hw during these years..
But for =
DCS HW costs, AW and WP are just a "minimal" part of entire cost and
sta=
rting from P81 Sunblade 1500 Intel & Sparc cost quite the same..
How ma=
ny guys and days Foxboro/Invensys need to move all iccdrvr.tsk commands t=
GTK+ (Ximiam Gnome Solaris10 desktop and server..as every unix box is)=

in order to make Compounds and blocks multi selectable and drag&droppa=
ble?
Just a  hope of independence..portability and safety of I/A basing =
on its history..

FoxUser
____________________________=0ANavighi a 2 MEGA e i primi 3 mesi sono GRA=
TIS. =0AScegli Libero Adsl Flat senza limiti su http://www.libero.it=0A