[foxboro] FoxCAE Backdocumentation

  • From: "Meredith, Travis ASE" <Travis.Meredith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:44:24 -0700

Hello list. I am trying to run a backdocumentation of our system using FoxCAE.
I would like to use the method using LOOPID's to create loops based on the
current system configuration. To do this I took the following steps:
1. first uploaded all CP's
2. Selected "Undoc" blocks
3. Selected all compounds
4. Use the backdocumentation command (checked "Use the LOOPID parameter" &
checked "Update Existing Loop information")

This created loops exactly as I want. I am then able to enter info into the
loop sheets such as titles, refs etc.

Now, I would like to update these loops with a fresh system configuration. To
do this I took the following steps:

1. Deleted all current blocks, compounds, & CP's in FoxCAE (while leaving the
loops remaining with title block info etc).
2. Re-upload all CP's
3. Selected "Undoc" blocks
4. Use the backdocumentation command (checked "Use the LOOPID parameter" &
checked "Update Existing Loop information")

Basically this is the same procedure as before. Only now, the blocks do not get
updated into their original loops (named after the LOOPID). Now the blocks are
exported to new loops with the following naming convention: 'COMPOUND''LOOPID'.

My question is: How do I update existing loops with new CP uploads while
keeping the original loops (with my manually entered title block info) that
were created from the first backdocumentation?

Thanks,
Travis

Travis Meredith
DCS Programmer
Albian Sands Energy Inc
P.O. Box 5670, Fort McMurray, Alberta, T9H 4W1, Canada

Tel: +1 780 713 4767
Email: travis.meredith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.albiansands.ca