[foxboro] Default Alarm Historian in Alarm Manager

  • From: "Lowell, Tim:" <tlowell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:38:01 -0700

We have FoxView and AIM*AT 3.02 at our site.  When a    WP gets rebooted, or
the Alarm Manager gets restarted for some reason, the Alarm Historian name
must be selected from the "Historian" button on the Alarm History Display
(AHD).  For the "Historian" button to work, you must have an access level of
zero.  We have recently decided to lock out the Console Supervisors from any
access level zero functions. This means if a WP reboots in the middle of the
night or on the weekends, the console guys have no access to the AHD until
someone in the Control Group comes in and resets it for them.

My question is, is their any way to tell the AHD what the default historian
name is?  I know I can change the "Historian" button to work on a different
access level, which would solve the nights/weekends problem, but I'd prefer
to go a step further and just tell the AHD what the correct Historian name
is on boot-up, since we only have one Historian anyway.  Has anyone solved
this problem?

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
Phillips Petroleum Company, Trainer Refinery
Phone:  610-364-8362
Fax:    610-364-8211
tlowell@xxxxxxxx