[foxboro] Bright green background - resolution

  • From: Gregory A Hurwitt <gregory.hurwitt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 09:30:02 -0500

indicates that the ERROR bit is set on the affected parameters.  In this
case, the root cause of the error was diagnostic messages coming from the
transmitter via HART.

Diagnosis:  After reviewing the responses from yesterday, I checked the
error status of the affected paramaters by connecting
confirmed that the ERROR bit was indeed turned on.  (The syntax for
connecting the ERROR status bit is shown on page 51 of B0700AG rev. D.
Thanks again to Howard for the documentation reference.  Note the two
periods between parameter name and E.)

Also, as suggested by Reed Cutshall, I used omget to check the DDIAG1
parameter of the upstream ECB; this returned a value of 85.  Although the
ECB is showing as good (white) in System Management, a closer look revealed
the following status messages on page 3 of the Equip Info:

      Primary Out of Limits
      Primary Output Saturated
      More Status Available
      Configuration Changed

A check of the documentation for the DDIAG1 parameter indicates that these
messages correspond to bits 0, 2, 4, and 6, which do indeed add up to 85
(decimal).

Thanks to all who responded.

Greg Hurwitt
BASF Freeport