[foxboro] RE : Barriers to migration to Windows

  • From: "Ron Schafer" <rschafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:29:30 -0400

At ver 8.3 (server & 390G) The USB does work also. In this case the kbd =
and mouse are usb, so diabling the port is not an option. Also, our =
monitors are usb hubs. Since we keep our stations in locked =
cabinets(isolated) nobody can access the usb ports! But...the usb ports =
on the monitors hub for the Kbd/Mouse have two extra ports as well as =
its really easy to unplug the mouse and plug in a memory stick....so =
disabling the usb is really kinda impossible. This leaves a hole in =
security!=20

How would you address this issue? Use PS2(not shipped from Foxboro)

Pc --->usbkvm--->monitor/4porthub--->mouse
                                 \-->keyboard
                                 \--> open port
                                 \--> open port
I was thinking superglue or bubblegum....:))

Is there software that will limit the type of device that can be =
detected by usb ports? That would only allow keyboards and mice?

Ronald G. Schafer
10026 Old Ridge Rd.
Ashland Va. 23009
804-227-4034