[foxboro] AW51D at 6.5.2

  • From: "Gillis, Dale" <Dale.Gillis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 17:46:11 +0300

I'm trying to do a CSA Save on this Box which is the host on this particular
node.  When I follow the instructions below I get the following error returned
to me.  "No destination for writing out files supplied"  Has anyone ever run in
to this before?

50/70 Series Station

NOTE

The CSA_Save operation might fail for individual stations that have compounds

without blocks. When this occurs, remove the empty compound, using the
Integrated

Control Configurator, and retry the CSA_Save operation.

1. Back up the CSA database files. Before performing this operation, consider
the

following:

â?¦ An empty directory must be available for the CSA_Save operation. The

(CSA_Save) operation might fail for stations for which a file already exists.

â?¦ For drive space requirements, assume that you need 15 kbytes of space per
control

station. Use the df command to check available drive space in the /usr
partition.

Type the following:

cd /usr/fox/csa

mkdir save

CSA_Save ./save

This saves the CSA files in the /usr/fox/csa/save directory. There is one text
file for

each control station.

2. Verify the contents of the save file(s). Type the following:

cd /usr/fox/csa/save

ls -l

Verify that each control station has a text file in this directory.

3. tar the files onto a diskette. Type the following:

cd /usr/fox/csa/save

tar cvf /dev/fd0 * (50 Series)

tar cvf a: * (70 Series)

Thanks in advance!

Dale Gillis

Instrument Technician

Stora Enso Port Hawkesbury Ltd.

PO Box 9500

B9A 1A1

Phone:902-625-2460 Ext 4401 or 6233

Fax : 902-625-2098

Pager:317 (Dial 8 to get into Paging System)