[foxboro] AW: Exceed 10 and FoxView

  • From: "Weiss, Andreas" <Andreas.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:18:37 +0100

> Does anybody have a good experience with Exceed 10 to view=20
> FoxView displays on a
> PC?

yes, I have. But it is very important to have the right update pack
installed.

I'm running Exceed 10.0.0.3 and testing 10.0.0.8.

Please avoid Exceed 10 versions lower than 10.0.0.3!

> We think that the problem is related to the fontdef.dat file=20
> (/usr/fox/wp/data).
>=20

I'm not an expert for fonts but the standard foxboro startup files
change the directory to /opt/ia/. You should use the /opt/ia/fontdef.dat
file.

0. Don't change the fontdef.dat files directly! Never!!!

1. Search in your startup script on the AW at the line=20

cd /usr/fox/

and

cd /opt/ia/

2. Modify the script so that the directory changes to /opt/ia/

3. Test it

4 Modify the script so that the directory changes to /usr/fox/

5. Test it=20

6. Let us know what happend

Regards,
Andreas