RE: why we need SMTP server??

  • From: "Technical" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:24:53 +0100

[exchangelist] RE: why we need SMTP server??Neil

We call this stamp jacking.

We do find some companies send us mail which needs to be forwarded on to
someone else.

Often we have printed the message, popped it in an envelope and stamped it
before we realise.

We can waste lots of stamps every day with bad mail

So to be able to exchange mail with other servers would be great,  but to do
it in a secure way and therefore waste no more stamps, I would not even dare
to hope such a thing may one day exist.

Frustrated Admin