Re: what, exactly is X400?

  • From: "Walkowiak, Matt" <Matt.Walkowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 17:31:56 -0500

Thanks Mark -

But what I am actually looking for is more of a layman's explanation.
The exact definition just puts me to sleep, and requires me to look up a
bunch of TLA's.

Where is X.400 the best technology for the job, and how is it different
than, say, SMTP.  The only reason I ask is I know SMTP pretty well, and
when I see SMTP, I also see X.400 right next to it, but I usually just
ignore the X.400 part - maybe I shouldn't be ignoring it?

Matt