rdp over http on windows 64bit os

  • From: "Ollo Lloyd" <ollo@xxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:43:08 -0700

Hello all,
Looking for any input -
Exchange 2003 server setup with RDP over Http
15 winxp 32 bit workstations connecting internally and externally to
server throught the internet just fine.
1 win xp 64 bit workstation at a remote site - this is where the twist
comes in.  I had the system set up with just an administrator account and
everything worked fine - as soon as I setup another user account (with
admin rights) the administrator account went away (typical) I then
configured the new user account to connect to the exchange server through
the internet, but it will not connect.  basically when I try to run the
/rpcdiag switch it hangs on the connecting status then it prompts for the
password again and again.  I think it is basically timing out.
If I restart the system in safe mode with networking and log on as the
administrator everything works.

2 questions:
One - are you limited to only one account connecting through rdp over http
per system( seems to me I read this some where, but could be mistaken )
Two - Could it be that the newly created account with admin rights, might
not have the rights to the registery that it needs?

Thanks for all input.