RE: no space left on hard drive

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:22:54 -0500

 > drive? And do I mount (or add) the extra space  to the actual C (physical
 > exchange drive)
>  or the M(virtual exchange drive)

You cannot add space to the boot drive in that manner.  You really should have
installed your databases on the D: drive so that this would be an option.

If you are running Exchange 5.5 you could just run the Exchange optimizer and
it'll move the Information Store to drive D: for you (it'll obviously take
quite a bit of time to copy that much data from one drive to the other).  I'd
assume there is a similar way to move the database in Exch2k but I haven't
looked into it.