network load balancing and Exchange front-end servers

  • From: Caroline Docherty <C.Docherty@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:29:14 +0100

Dear All

We have configured network load balancing on what will be our front-end
servers for Exchange 2000.  The problem we are having is that when both the
front end servers are fired up, only the server that is currently listed as
DEFAULT in the wbls display can see the Internet.  The majority of the
traffic is going through the NLB connection and hardly anything goes through
local.

Has anyone else encountered this, is this a Microsoft feature or have we
done something wrong?  Will this effect our Exchange installation?

Thank you

Caroline Docherty

ICT Services

York St John College