install W2K Server over NT 4.0 BDC Exchange

  • From: Jared Johnson <jaredsjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:34:04 -0700 (PDT)

To all you Exchange 5.5 Guru's out there:

I need to upgrade my Exchange 5.5 server which is a
BDC, running on WNT 4.0 sp6.

I'm upgrading the network to W2K Server.

I need to downgrade the Exchange Server 5.5 BDC to a
stand alone machine, (so I can upgrade our network to
a Native Mode W2K network.)

If I leave the Exchange 5.5 Server BDC box exactly as
it is, what will happen if I just install Windows 2000
Sever directly on it as it is? Will I be given the
option to downgrade the BDC? Or make it a stand alone
unit?

Thank you much! Jared

http://search.yahoo.com