RE: install W2K Server over NT 4.0 BDC Exchange

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:54:30 -0700

Any PDC or BDC that you run a W2K upgrade on will be forced to run DCPROMO
after the upgrade.

A way around is to take it off the network or isolate, promote to PDC, run
the upgrade, when finished run DCPROMO again to demote to a standalone.
However, I do not know how this will effect Exchange.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You
626-737-6003