front-end server delays forwarding incoming mail to back-end server

  • From: "Michael Beam" <mbeam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:45:38 -0700

I have a exchange 2003 front-end/back-end configuration. We use postini for our
spam and virus filtering, so the front-end server is configured to only receive
mail from postini's servers. The back-end server is configured to only accept
mail from the front-end server. Incoming mail arrives at the front-end server
and sits in the queue for over 10-15 minutes before it is finally released and
delivered to users mailboxes! any idea why this would take so long? It didn't
use to, but we recently migrated it from one location to another. (we moved the
backend first, and the front-end was connected via ipsec tunnel) last night we
moved the front end to the new location and it is on the dmz. we use a Cisco
firewall. Any help appreciated. event log shows no errors (other than being
unable to loacte the domains of spam to give the courtesy notification), and I
turned logging up for exchange on both servers.