RE: change from 10 mps to 100 mps

  • From: "Ray" <rdzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:49:22 -0800

I have seen this happen before with Netgear switches.  They are supposed to
auto negotiate the link type and speed.  Supposedly they will auto detect
straight, uplink, 10/100, etc., etc.  But have seen them refuse to talk to
each other when linked together.

I have also seen Cisco hardware refuse to auto negotiate connections and
drop packets like crazy, or not pass traffic at all.

Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 3:25 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: change from 10 mps to 100 mps

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Very true, but it would however, still work at 10.

HTH

Steve