RE: blocking exe, vbf and others

  • From: Scott Overfield <soverfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:51:21 -0500

We use GrpShld as well, an excellent product, seamless updates, highly
configurable, excellent logging and notification.....I would recommend
enabling heuristic scanning, as it catches nearly all virii even before
updated or emergency DAT files are released by NAI, and has saved me more
than a few times (nimda being one example....GrpShld heuristic scanning
identified it as "New Back Door" and stopped about 50 infected emails from
being delivered to user mailboxes, I was out of state at a conference at the
time, and didn't get around to checking my email until 7 in the
evening).....IMHO, NAI products are vastly superior to Symantec or any other
products..