Re: address list

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 21:53:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> If I delete the default global address list and offline list and reboot
> the server, is it going to be created automatically?

The 0x8000010f error is most likely caused by missing OAB(s) (Offline
Address Books).

It does not get created automatically, you will need to have some OAB or
you will continue to get this error.  And you may need to clear out the
OAB files at the user end as well (where their Outlook is installed) or
Outlook will not load new OAB's (not sure why, Outlook should be smart
enough to know when there is a newer OAB on the server but anyway...).

If you add the default address book back on the server (recommended unless
you have some special circumstance) then it won't get rebuild until the
next scheduled build, see the database properties in ESM under Recipient
container.  Typically this is midnight or 5am by default.  You can force a
rebuild but you have to play silly games with the scheduler that runs the
database rebuilds, not sure why Microsoft did not think to have some
relatively simple way of rebuilding the OAB address lists - the rebuild
warns you that this could take a while if you have many users, but the
software could have been written to be able to pre-calculate the estimated
build duration and the "Rebuild" options in the ESM should not get so
cranky when you ony have 200 or 300 users in the address lists, which is
probably true for 95% of all Exchange installations out there.

Best regards
Mike Salim