RE: Upgrading to EX2K

  • From: "Hite, Ronald L" <rhite@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:57:11 -0600

"Different domains" - does this indicate a different email domain?
(ex...joe@xxxxxxx and jim@xxxxxxx)

If so, check the following:

 - Exch 5.5 IMS/Routing - ensure the 2nd domain is listed as "<inbound>"
 - an internal DNS entry exists for the e2k server
 - E2k server has a "recipient policy" which is marked as "responsible for all
mail delivery..."

These are the steps I had to take to allow delivery for our secondary
addresses.  (If anyone else has a different ("better") answer, I'm open to
suggestions.)

I hope this helps.