Re: Upgrading from Ex5.5 to Ex2003

  • From: Tee Darling <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:41:24 -0500

Your best bet would be to do the Swing Upgrade as you have stated,
where by you setup and configure Exchange 2003 in and existing site
and then move the mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to the Exch Server 2003.

But before you move the mailboxes from the 5.5 server, make sure that
you have Exchange Server 2003 SP1 installed and all the hotfixes after
SP1 came out for Exchange Server 2003. You should be alright after
that.