RE: Lab creation question...

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:01:02 -0500

Chris,
If you are talking about creating an exact replica of your OUs, User
objects, DLs etc in a test environment, the best option is to use LDIFDE
and do an export and then import into your test lab. This is what I do
when I have to simulate a lab for our production environment. I use
LDIFDE specifically because once imported into the lab environment, I
can make any changes to the object using the same LDIFDE file. This is
not possible with CSVDE, with CSVDE you can only create new objects, not
modify existing objects.

HTH

Regards,

Raj