Unable to install exchange due to messaging and collaboration services...

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Mail List" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 01:19:50 -0400

OK I need some help cause I'm loosing my f#%$g mind with exchange 2000.
I had an exchange server on my home w2k AD network that wasn't acting
right so I decided I'd remove exchange and reinstall the  server fresh.
I go thru the uninstall process and clear what I can from the registry.
OK so I reinstall the server and attempt to install exchange and I get
this freaking error telling me:
The component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services"
cannot be assigned the action "Install" because:
-Active Directory has not replicated all the necessary permissions for
the deleted items container. Please wait until replication completes
before running setup.

This happens if I choose a Typical or Custom install. Can someone advise
me on what in the hell this is and how can I resolve it?
Sowry for the obvious but this has me going nuts.

TIA