[ExchangeList] Re: Unable to change password through Outlook

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:15:57 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------On 3/30/06,
ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Changing password through Outlook may not be supported in this scenario.
> Take a look at this thread seems pretty similar to what you're trying to do.
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/demos.local.lists.cgp/browse_thread/thread/7e204c84fe263221/96f7a133af9cea51?lnk=st&q=outlook+change+password+samba&rnum=11&hl=en#96f7a133af9cea51>

I do not think it applies; let me elaborate:

Client: Windows XP Pro SP2 part of SAMBA-based domain
MUA: Outlook 2003 SP2 with MAPI profile pointing to their Exchange
(Server 2003 SP2) account in a separate untrusted (in the sense that
an AD trust between AD and SAMBA does not exist - I do not know if it
is possible, but is not applicable in this scenario) 2003 AD
forest/domain.
Process: User logs into SAMBA domain, opens Outlook, clicks on the
Change password button (which is not always there) and receives an
error that the password cannot be changed.

> As far as your OWA issue, can you verify if you have anonymous enabled for
> your IISADMPWD virtual directory?

Sorry, I was not specific -- the OWA change password function works
fine, the problem is when users attempt to change their password in
Outlook and the fact that sometimes the "Change Password" button is
not available when the user opens Outlook.

Thanks,

...D