RE: Two Forest Replication

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:45:31 -0000

Hi Qusai

A simple trust will not enable GAL replication between the two forests even if
you do get it working. Just as a quick side note I have a Windows 2000 in Mixed
mode forest and another 2003 one in 2000 Native mode and have a trust between
them just fine. The only thing I had to do was make sure that each domains DNS
was replicated or manually set up to have the entries for the domain
controllers of the other. If you want GAL replication you will need a
meta-directory service and that will cost money and time to implement as it is
not simple.

Why do you need two separate Forests? Would two domains in the same forest not
suffice or at least two domain trees in the same Forest?

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.