RE: Soka|connections with OWA|LAN vs Internet

  • From: "Marcel Stangenberger" <marcel.stangenberger@xxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:33:23 +0200

Ho Robert,

The entire idea of a front end server is that the user connects to the
front end and that the front end connects to the back end server.

This said the reality is the same. The user uses OWA or outlook to
connect to the front end server on the LAN. The front end server
connects to the back end server where the mailbox stores are and you're
up and running. If OWA is running on the same machine as the front end
(In most cases this is true) then you could say that OWA is directly
connecting to the mailbox store on the back end, but the true connection
is still on the front end server and the user running the webclient to
access OWA is never in direct contact with the mailbox store on the back
end server.

Hope this helps,

Marcel

--