Setup /forestprep Fails

  • From: "Arief Kurniawan" <ariefk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:57:21 +0700 (WIT)

I was having a successful exchange 2003 installation once. But suddenly
LSASS Event ID 5000 comes and restart the server all the time. So I
decided to reformat this server.
On the second chance from a clean Windows Server 2003, I am trying to
rebuild Exchange Server 2003. But everytime I run setup /forestprep it
fails with comment :
?The component "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be assigned
the action "Forestprep" because to install the first Exchange server in a
domain, or to run setup in "/ForestPrep" mode, you must be an Exchange
Full Administrator at the organization level. You must use an account that
has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange
organization using the Exchange Administrative Delegation Wizard?. Surfing
to MSKB found Article 830186. But I cannot find
CN={335A1087-5131-4D45-BE3E-3C6C7F76F5EC} container in my ADSI Edit.
Anyone have clues ?

Thanks In Advance,

Arief K