Re: Setup /forestprep Fails

  • From: SHINE <shineace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:44:25 -0700

Arief,

If you are trying to rebuild your Exchange server, then the best option
would be to pick up the settings of the old Exchange server 2003 which is
already there in Active directory. You do not need to run Forestprep and
Domainprep. Try running the setup with the /disasterrecovery switch and the
installation will pick up the old installation settings from Active
directory and you should be okay rather than making all the schema changes
again by running forestprep and domainprep.In your case make sure that you
are running the installation with an account which has got appropriate
permissions.

Cheers,
Shine Babu