RE: Setting up a "MS Exchange Server" account across Internet for Outlook

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:27:48 -0800

To be able to connect to a Microsoft Exchange Server in that way, the
firewall has to have a number of ports open. However, the absolute best way
is to use ISA server as the firewall, as that is application aware and
allows to easily "publish" Exchange securely, as opposed to just opening
ports.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You