Setting up a "MS Exchange Server" account across Internet for Outlook

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:48:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I have a MS Exchange 2003 server installed on the internet (as an "ASP"
installation).  All clients are connected over the Internet, i.e. no local
LAN connections, no netbios traffic.

As a user, I am able to create and successfully use a POP3 or an IMAP
account on the server, but I am unable to create a "Microsoft Exchange
Server" account (e.g. via the "Mail" icon in the control panel).

Are "Microsoft Exchange Server" accounts only available to Outlook via a
local LAN connection, or is there a way to establish these accounts over
the Internet, and if so, what might I be missing or need to check?  I have
tried Outlook 2000, XP and 2003, same deal - unable to create "Microsoft
Exchange Server" accounts.

TIA!

Mike.