Services do not start automatically

  • From: Chris Cerer <ccerer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:45:12 -0600

I have a problem with IIS services not starting when the server starts.
Specs:  W2K server SP2, E2K SP3.  When the server is restarted, I get a stop
sign on the following folders under my default web site in IIS:  Public,
Exchange, and Exadmin.  If I go to the properties of each of these, and
browse to the location where the folder is, then it goes to running.  (If I
tell it where to find the folder, it starts or comes online, whatever you
want to call it.)  Is there a reason that my server can't remember where to
find these locations, and I have to "remind" it every reboot?

Thanks,
Chris