SRS Backup/Recovery

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:33:06 -0400

Hello all,

   I am wondering about the correct process to backup SRS in my Exchange
mixed mode environment.  I have found articles to recover SRS if a
backup was not made, but I can not find out the correct process to
backup this service.

  Since the SRS is an .EDB format, I assume that an Exchange aware
backup utility is needed to back this file up.  However, my Netvault
Exchange application does not allow me to specify the SRS directory for
backup.

  I exclude the Program Files/Exchsrvr directory from system backups,
and was wondering if I am able to include the SRS directory in the
system backup.  My gut feeling is no....  This is where I need your
help/advise on the correct way to backup SRS.

Thanks,
Chris