RE: SOKA|OWA future direction beyond Exchange 2003

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:02:20 -0500

Definitely Exchange 2003 will be the Microsoft messaging solution for
another few years. Since Microsoft stopped working on the Kodiak
project, there is no clear indication what would be the next generation
of Exchange. Kodiak would have integrated Exchange with SQL server for
database. However, I think Microsoft realized this wont be a very
successful move, and not many would opt to integrate Exchange and SQL.
So, right now Exchange 2003 is here to stay.

Regards,

Raj