[ExchangeList] Restoring a deleted exchange 2007 mailbox

  • From: "Phil Marcum" <nusolmc03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 09:52:13 -0400

A user's 2003 AD account and mailbox were deleted yesterday and I'm having a "brain fart" in trying to restore the account from the exchange management console. I expand Recipient Configuration, right-click Disconnected mailbox and connect to the Exchange server. The deleted mailbox appears in the list yet when I attempt to connect it I'm unable to locate it. If I look under Receipient Configuration I see the mailbox listed. If I log in as the user and open Outlook I don't see any of the items. So I'm wondering if I need to remove this mailbox and then connect to it in order for the old mail to appear?

Any responses appreciated.