[ExchangeList] Re: Restoring a deleted exchange 2007 mailbox

  • From: "Tee Darling" <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:47:32 -0400

Here is what MS is saying is the step by step instructions on how to perform this action on Exchange server 2007........

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997182(EXCHG.80,printer).aspx

Tee

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:30 AM, syed faizan <syed.faizan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
exactly.first remove the mailbox connected to the id and then connect the disconnected mailbox by right clicking on it....Re-connecting a mailbox to a lan id which already has a mailbox attached to it does not make any sense.

regards
Faizan

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Phil Marcum <nusolmc03@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A user's 2003 AD account and mailbox were deleted yesterday and I'm having a "brain fart" in trying to restore the account from the exchange management console. I expand Recipient Configuration, right-click Disconnected mailbox and connect to the Exchange server. The deleted mailbox appears in the list yet when I attempt to connect it I'm unable to locate it. If I look under Receipient Configuration I see the mailbox listed. If I log in as the user and open Outlook I don't see any of the items. So I'm wondering if I need to remove this mailbox and then connect to it in order for the old mail to appear?

Any responses appreciated.