[ExchangeList] Re: Publicly Available Exchange Servers, but able to send from my own e-mail address?

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:56:42 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Yes, there are
businesses out there that do this, just be careful before
you signup.  Very first thing to do is a DNS report on them, see how
many  domains they are spoofing.  Remember, if they cannot provide you
with a proper reverse DNS lookup then your email account is worth
pennies, there will be many people out there that will not except email
from you.

Also check some sites like senderbase.org and see what their rating is.
Many hosted Exchange sites inadvertantly get blacklist simply due to the
nature of their design, unless they have a good DNS expert working for
them they WILL make DNS mistakes that cause fallout for the customers.

Just my thoughts,

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.