Packet dropped by firewall

  • From: "Danilo Dias" <danilo.dias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:24:14 -0300

HI, all

I have a mixed mode exchange organization. I have one exch 5.5 in DMZ and one
Exch 2K SRS Server (and IM server) in internal network, both in same site (not
just these ones, but the problem is the communication between them). Since
there is a firewall between them, I set up fixed ports for MTA, DS and SA, and
enabled them in firewall.
The problem is there´s still one port not fixed. The exch 5.5 makes a
connection in port 135 of SRS Server, and then tries a random port (like 1058),
and the firewall discards this packets.

This process is repeated (first in 135, then in a random port), and the second
packet is always discarded. I don´t see any impact, but it would be better if
all the communication were ok.

Anybody knows any other port I have to fix, so packets won´t be dropped by my
firewall?

Danilo Dias