Outlook 2003 messages not coming in realtime on E2003 server

  • From: "Jason Lehrhoff" <JLehrhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:25:05 -0700

I have 2 users here that told me they aren't getting messages until they
hit 'Send/Receive'. Messages normally come in realtime, as they are
received by the queue. As far as I can tell, they have changed no settings
on their Outlook clients.
as a workaround, I 'defined send/receive settings' so that it initiates a
send/receive every 2 minutes or so. But this isn't the way its supposed to
work.
I have also upgraded them to SP2 for Office, and upgraded the server to
Exchange 2003 SP2, after these symptoms appeared and it still does it. I
am afraid it is happening to more people here that just don't know to
articulate it yet.

anyone seen this weirdness?