RE: OWA is getting on my nerves...

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:26:11 -0500

this microsoft tid may help

TID# (Q293386)
XWEB: Error Message: HTTP/1.0 401 or 404

        From: Brandon Lockhart [mailto:blockhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Posted At: þã 06 ôáøåàø 2002 15:23þ
        Posted To: exchange admin
        Conversation: [exchangelist] OWA is getting on my nerves...
        Subject: [exchangelist] OWA is getting on my nerves...

        http://www.MSExchange.org/

        Here is the situation, I installed Exchange several times in the last
month
        trying to get a proper build.  I finally think I have a good build.  I
have
        two DC's running AD already (populated with about 30 users).  On the
network
        I have several servers, but most importantly an Exchange 5.5 Server
named
        "QUASAR".  The server I installed Exchange 2000 on is "BALTEXCH01".

        First of all, when I followed the instructions by MS, and by "QUE"'s
book to
        migrate users, there is no "Move Mailbox" option, how in the world do I
copy
        all the Mailbox store off of 5.5 onto 2000?!?

        Secondly, I can login to the server using IMAP fine, but when I attempt
        login to HTTP, I get the login prompt three times, I enter a password I
know
        is good, and then I still continue to receive "HTTP/1.1 401
Unauthorized"
        errors.  Is there some configuration I am missing?

        The previous build I installed, and then I could not login to the
server,
        but I could reach the public folders.  Then I let it sit about a week
        without touching it, and out of nowhere, I could login fine (I'm
assuming I
        forgot to replicate), are my problems maybe something very similar?

        Brandon Lockhart
        Director of Information Technology

        p: 410.685.6100 ext 171
        f: 443.263.2102