OWA and Attachments

  • From: "Sargent Joey E" <joey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 00:14:26 -0400

I just brought up a new OWA server.  When I attempt to download
attachments OWA is adding to the file name when I choose save as.

Example: The name of the file is
<https://mail.ws.edu/exchange/joey/Inbox/(no%20subject).EML/ANNOU_x007E_
10.PPT> ANNOU~10.PPT(372KB)  and is displayed this way in the OWA
message window.  When I choose save as the file name is displayed as
ANNOU_x007E_10.PPT.

Example: Name is
<https://mail.ws.edu/exchange/joey/Inbox/BUSShares%20revised.EML/1_MULTI
PART_xF8FF_2_BUSShares%20revised.rtf> BUSShares revised.rtf(4KB)  and is
displayed this way.  Choose save as and it is displayed as
1_MULTIPART_xF8FF_2_BUSShares revised.rtf.

I have not installed the MS Security Toolkit, so I should not have the
IIS security update that locks down IIS on this server (been there and
done that).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Joe S.