RE: OWA Verisign Certificate

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:00:28 -0700

1. The name on the certificate must match the name of the site or server.

2. has a certificate installed which was issued by
a CA of the organization itself.

3. Typing in the IP address will always result in a certificate error, as
unless you have a certificate for the IP address, it will never match.

4. A certificate for would be a very broad one. That would be open
for problems.

The best bet is to let the current certificate expire and get one for the

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
eServices For You