OT: Intranet vs. Extranet

  • From: "Chris Maciejewski" <cmaciejewski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:44:56 +1100

Hi all,

An off the topic message

I am wondering if someone can help me with some information. Someone in my
organisation is suggesting that I am wrong in calling our staff' website "an
intranet". The site contains an events calendar, a news section and access to
other resources that relate to our single organisation. Only the staff in our
organisation have access to it. However, they do have access to it from home
using a Username and Password if they are connected to the internet.

I am 99.999% sure I am right that this is an "intranet". If you look on the
net, I can find definitions to support my claim, however, there are some
definitions that are a bit ambiguous.

Does anyone know of a good source that tells us very clearly that my claim is
right? I have searched w3c.org and microsoft.com, as an article or explanation
from one of these would be an excellent claim.

As stupid as it seems, I need some good hard core proof!
Anyone got any?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Maciejewski