Network Admin Mailing List: Port Security with 802.1X and Microsoft's Built in RADIUS Server.

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:31:00 -0800

FYI..

Our monthly meeting is always held at 7pm on the First Thursday of the month.

We normally have pizza and soft drinks at 6:30... the meeting starts at 7:00 PM.

**Our next meeting is Thursday December 1st, 2005!**

Topic (s) : Port Security with 802.1X and Microsoft's Built in RADIUS Server.

Configuring 802.1X on Cisco catalyst switches with Microsoft IAS. This includes
Guest VLAN access for non authenticated users
Configuring Microsoft IAS for Authentication against Cisco PIX firewalls for
controlled Internet access.

Speakers (s)

 <http://www.ciscopress.com/>

Anand Deveriya- CCIE Security # 10401, Author of Cisco Press Book " Network
Administrators Survival
<http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587052113&rl=1> Guide"

Anand will briefly cover his book and then go over some configurations outlined
as follows:

a. 802.1x usiing catalyst switch with MS-RADIUS server and MS ActiveDirectory
users (No Cisco ACS).

b. Config and Demo Cacti for performance monitoring of Cisco devices,
workstations, bandwidth, etc...

Anand's book will be for sale at the meeting. You may have Anand sign your copy
after the meeting...

1) The price of the book is $35 including the shipping.
2) The books will be available on the day of presentation and payment is in
cash only.
3) We will have a total of 21 copies. 20 for sale and 1 for raffle.

What's Next? -Netscout is coming in January, Cisco CallManager Express Product
update in March 2006.

Time

Food and beverages at 6:30 ** Meeting will start at 7PM**

Location

XO Communications offices in San Ramon

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
/>12667 Alcosta Blvd., Suite 350
San Ramon 94583
(925) 997-6436 Cell

**

Please be on time in consideration of the speakers.

Sincerely,
Jose Medeiros
ADP | National Account Services
ProBusiness Division | Information Services
925.737.7967 | 408-449-6621 CELL