Migration - Exchange 5.5/2000, Netscape mail, Postfix/Qpopper => Exchange 2003

  • From: Manickam_Annamalai <Manickam_Annamalai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:03:45 +0530

Dear all,
   Now I am in a migration project, were migrating the existing messaging
system to a new exchange 2003 environment.

New Environment:
        New Exchange 2003 organization
Existing Environment:
        Exchange 5.5 organization
        Exchange 2000 organization
        Netscape mail 4.5 / Netscape directory 4.16.
        Postfix/qpopper - Red hat Linux 6.2

We plan use migration wizard to move the Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 to
Exchange 2003. In lab setup its successful and we plan to proceed in same
way.

We hope for Netscape mail 4.5 also we can use same migration wizard. This
Netscape is running in Solaris environment. So we could not test it in lab.

Now my requirements are
        1. If any one worked in this Netscape messaging system
        2. Can we use Exchange Migration wizard - if it will work
        3. Any idea of migrating from Qpopper to Exchange 2003 -
                Tools & materials.
        4. your idea on using migration wizard for Exchange 5.5/2000 to
                Exchange 2003 - if it's better or can I go for ex-merge.

Note : total users of 3500+ were in Netscape and qpopper only of 200+ users.

Your valuable ideas, experience on this is most wanted for an effective
migration.

Thanks in advance for your upcoming views and comments.

Manickam Annamalai,
Engineer - Networking
Satyam Computer Services-chennai
Office   : (044)24353221,Ex:3112