RE: Migration - Exchange 5.5/2000, Netscape mail, Postfix/Qpopper => Exchange 2003

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:01:36 -0500

More details please.

What are your requirements from a client perspective?  If you have qpopper,
what do you need to migrate from that exactly?  It's pop3 and the data is at
least on the client side.  Need to know your requirements for the migration
and once it's complete.  What's your condition of success?

Netscape - same thing.  What's your condition of success for this one?  Are
clients IMAP, POP, ? What needs to happen during and after the migration to
make it successful?

As for the migration of 5.5 to 200x: What's the conditions of success for
this (see the pattern? :) ?)  There are some advantages to using the
migration components vs. exmerge such as addressing for replying to existing
emails.  You get an X.500 like address in the directory for the account
allowing you to reply to existing internal email if you use the migration
components but have to manually figure it out if you use exmerge.  Single
instance doesn't come with exmerge either, but you have a chance of getting
some with the migration components.